Find out how much you know about strokes and what causes them.
1. A stroke is caused by a blood clot or blood vessel that breaks. This stops the flow of blood to an area of the brain.
2. All strokes are the same.
3. One symptom of a stroke is a sudden, unexplained tingling or numbness on one side of the body.
4. If you have symptoms of a stroke, you should try to get some rest before calling the doctor.
5. There's no way of predicting if or when someone will have a stroke.
6. Two important ways to reduce your risk for stroke are to lower your blood pressure and to stop smoking.
7. Regular exercise is another way to cut your risk for stroke.
8. Strokes always leave people permanently disabled.