Take the Nicotine Quiz
Nicotine, one of the main chemicals in tobacco, is the primary reason that smoking is so addictive. Even though most smokers know that smoking is bad for them, they find it difficult to quit because of nicotine's effect.
1. Nicotine causes which of these changes in the body?
2. What happens when nicotine comes into contact with the brain?
3. How does dependence on nicotine develop?
4. What's the most common reason for not quitting?
5. A water pipe, or hookah, is a safer way to smoke tobacco because it gives you less nicotine.
6. Medicines are available that can help people quit their dependence on nicotine.
7. Which has less nicotine than cigarettes?
8. Self-help materials are the best way to quit using nicotine.